Perhaps you've heard Lancer is the nation's #1 motorcoach and bus insurer. Maybe you're impressed with the finest customer service and claims handling the industry has to offer. Either way, insuring your bus fleet with "The Bus Guys" is a wise decision.
Whether your business relies on luxury motorcoaches, school buses, intercity or transit buses, Lancer can provide you with the protection you need to keep those trips running smoothly.
To become one of our valued customers, please complete our quick online questionnaire or contact our Motorcoach, School Bus & Transit Bus division today to find a Lancer agent or broker near you.
If you are a producer and interested in representing one of the premier commercial insurance carriers in the United States, please contact us today.
More motorcoach and bus operators place their trust in Lancer than any other insurance company. You too can count on us for the coverages and policy limits you need to protect your passengers, vehicles and hard-earned reputation.
> Learn More
Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
Even the best — and most well-trained — drivers suffer mishaps. Bodily injury and property damage coverage can compensate those injured in an accident involving an insured vehicle, or pay for damages to another vehicle.
We can accommodate your bus operation's needs with up to $5 million Combined Single Limit (CSL) in bodily injury and property damage coverage. (Please inquire should you require higher limits.)
The following liability coverages are also available, where applicable:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM)
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments (Med Pay)
Physical Damage (Specified Perils & Collision)
When your vehicles are your livelihood, we know how devastating an accident can be. Our physical damage experts will get your vehicle repaired and back in money-making service...fast!
Physical damage coverage includes:
- Collision — Covers repairs or replacement to your insured vehicle resulting from an accident involving other vehicles or stationary objects
- Specified Perils — Pays for damage to your insured vehicle from fire, theft, vandalism and other covered perils
We offer a variety of deductibles from $1,000 up to $250,000, depending on your needs (and budget).
If your bus operation includes a garage or repair facility, we've got you covered — with limits up to $1 million CSL.
GARAGEKEEPERS LEGAL LIABILITY
Garagekeepers legal liability coverage is designed for business owners who need protection when vehicles, other than their own, are left in their care, custody and control. We can provide you with the coverage limits you need at a price you can afford.
General liability coverage protects other critical components of your business, including your facility, office areas, parking areas, outside storage facilities and vacant land. We offer a wide range of coverage and limit options, and can help you decide what's best for your business.
With Lancer, you're getting the best value for your dollar. Not only do you receive competitive rates and comprehensive coverage, but a wealth of industry-leading safety and loss prevention resources to help you run your business safely and in regulatory compliance.
> Learn More
Here's a glimpse into the value-added services we offer:
- Easy-to-use accident and claim reporting aids
- Accident reporting kits
- Emergency instructions driver wallet cards
- SafetyLink Hotline, a complimentary policyholder-exclusive service to help you get answers or additional information on safety and regulatory issues
- Safety Stop, our blog for valuable information, how-to's, regulatory updates, and more to help you run a safer and more profitable business.
- Complimentary 24/7 online access to a wealth of safety and loss prevention resources
- Driver training video packages, our critically-acclaimed, professionally-produced training tools to help your drivers be the best they can be
- On-Board Recorder (EOBR) discounts and Lancer's Installation Incentive Program to identify risky driving behaviors before they turn into serious crashes
- Bus Safety, a safety, loss control and risk management resource guide, now in its 4th edition, that also addresses federal regulations and requirements
- Driver Safety Bulletin, a one-page brief that provides drivers with information on how to handle tough driving situations and other on-the-road safety issues
- Critical Issues, an issue-oriented publication that provides motorcoach and bus operators with the information they need to run a safe and legal operation
- ClaimsCoach™, a case study publication prepared by our senior claims managers discussing common accident scenarios, and how to prevent them
- Lancer Classifieds (formerly Busnet™), your online policyholder-exclusive bus equipment exchange
- Driver recognition programs, giving credit where credit is due to your deserving drivers
- Safety Step, protect your company against costly claims by equipping your coaches with Safety Step.
- Safety In Motion, a pre-departure motorcoach manufacturer-specific safety DVD that's FMCSA compliant and easy for passengers to understand
- "Stay Seated" stickers to remind your passengers to stay seated and safe when the coach is in motion
- Special Alert!, important time-sensitive information for the bus and motorcoach industry
- Featured articles and presentations that highlight issues that impact the motorcoach and bus industry and offer best practices to help you reduce your potential for loss
- Museum quality signed and numbered "bus" lithographs produced from our commissioned oil paintings
- Complimentary Onsite Safety Visits
- Full-time safety professionals to assist with regulatory and compliance issues, as well as driver training and loss control efforts
In the event of an accident, you'll have the expertise, resources and support you need right by your side...24/7/365. With decades of practical knowledge in the bus industry, we know how essential it is for you to quickly get back to serving your customers.
And, with our Loss Recovery Program, our claim experts will assist you with recovering out-of-pocket and down-time expenses, including your deductible, when others are at fault for your loss...at absolutely no cost to you.