Whether it's hauling produce from the Napa Valley to Nashville, or transporting autos from Detroit to Dallas, there's a lot riding on your trucking business. You need a trusted ally to provide long-term security for you, your livelihood and your family. Well, look no further.
Our knowledge of small fleet and owner operator trucking operations is second to none, and we are committed to delivering excellence mile after mile.
If you are a Long-Haul Trucking specialist with a current Long-Haul Trucking book of business and are interested in becoming one of our producers, please contact us today.
Most other commercial truck insurers can't protect you the way Lancer can. That's because we include enhancements and coverages missing from many standard industry policies. It's what we call the Lancer Advantage and it's our way of giving you more mileage for your premium dollar.
> Learn More
We proudly offer the following coverages to owner operators and small fleets with fewer than 10 power units, engaged in intermediate to long-distance trucking:
Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
Even the best — and most well-trained — drivers suffer mishaps. Bodily injury and property damage coverage can compensate those injured in an accident involving an insured vehicle, or pay for damages to another vehicle.
We can accommodate your trucking business' needs with up to $2 million Combined Single Limit (CSL) in bodily injury and property damage coverage.
The following liability coverages are also available, where applicable:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM)
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments (Med Pay)
Physical Damage (Specified Perils & Collision)
As an independent trucker, your most valuable asset is your truck...and, if something unfortunate happens, getting you back on the road is of the utmost importance.
Physical damage coverage includes:
- Collision — Covers repairs or replacement to your insured vehicle resulting from an accident involving other vehicles or stationary objects
- Comprehensive — Pays for damage to your insured vehicle from fire, theft, vandalism and other covered perils
We offer a variety of deductibles from $1,000 up to $5,000 to accommodate your needs (and budget).
Cargo coverage offers liability protection for the freight or commodity you're hauling in the event of damage or loss. Our Cargo Form includes value-added features, providing you with a greater level of security than many standard industry policies.
General liability coverage protects other critical components of your business, including your facility, office areas, parking areas, outside storage facilities and vacant land. We offer a wide range of coverage and limit options, and can help you decide what's best for your business.
Since day one, our philosophy has always been to not merely meet customer expectations, but to exceed them. And nowhere is this more evident than in the policyholder benefits we provide to protect you, your rig and your livelihood.
> Learn More
Here's a glimpse into what we offer:
- Easy-to-use accident and claim reporting aids
- Emergency procedures visor cards
- Emergency instructions driver wallet cards
- Taking photos at an accident scene instruction cards
- SafetyLink Hotline (formerly Lancer Compliance Hotline), a policyholder-exclusive service to help you navigate the maze of trucking-related regulations
- Safety Stop, our blog for valuable information, how-to's, regulatory updates, and more to help you run a safer and more profitable business
- Complimentary 24/7 online access to a wealth of safety and loss prevention resources
- Driver training video packages, our critically-acclaimed, professionally-produced training tools to help your drivers be the best they can be
- It's No Accident, our no-nonsense safety and loss prevention reference guide for the owner operator and small fleet manager
- Driver Safety Bulletin, a one-page brief that provides drivers with information on how to handle tough driving situations and other on-the-road safety issues
- Critical Issues, an issue-oriented publication that provides owner operators and small fleet professionals with the information they need to run a safe and legal operation
- Featured articles and presentations that highlight issues that impact the commercial trucking industry and offer best practices to help you reduce your potential for loss
- Complimentary Onsite Safety Visits
- Full-time safety professionals to assist with regulatory and compliance issues, as well as driver training and loss control efforts
In the event of a claim, the best truck claim professionals in the business are only a phone call away with our our toll-free 24/7/365 Claims Hotline. Our experienced team of claims adjusters will address your loss quickly, efficiently and fairly to get your truck back on the road and back in business...fast!
And, with our Loss Recovery Program, our claim experts will assist you with recovering out-of-pocket and down-time expenses, including your deductible, when others are at fault for your loss...at absolutely no cost to you.