As a business owner, you may use box trucks, delivery vans, contractor vehicles or mobile equipment to get the job done. Or, perhaps you operate an auto repair shop, towing service, service station or parking garage to serve the motoring public. Either way, you could be held liable for accidents arising out of your day-to day operations.
That's why you need protection from the company that knows the ins and outs of commercial auto and garage liability insurance like nobody else. With years of experience and knowledge gained from serving businesses just like yours throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut, we can offer the protection you need to keep your business rolling along.
To become one of our valued customers, please complete our quick online questionnaire or have your agent or broker call us. Or, contact our Commercial Auto & Garage division today for a Lancer-approved agent or broker near you.
If you are a producer and interested in representing one of the premier commercial insurance carriers in the United States, please contact us today.
Small to mid-sized businesses throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut turn to us for their commercial auto and garage liability needs.* You too can count on us for the coverages and policy limits you need to protect your drivers, vehicles and the business you've worked so hard to build.
> Learn More
COMMERCIAL AUTO LIABILITY
Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability
Even the safest — and most well-trained — drivers suffer mishaps. Bodily injury and property damage coverage can compensate those injured in an accident involving an insured vehicle, or pay for damages to another vehicle.
We can accommodate your business' needs with up to $1 million Combined Single Limit (CSL) in bodily injury and property damage coverage.
The following liability coverages are also available, where applicable:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM)
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UIM)
- Medical Payments (Med Pay)
Physical Damage (Comprehensive & Collision)
When one of your vehicles is involved in an accident, our physical damage coverage will get it back on the road...and fast!
Physical damage coverage includes:
- Collision — Covers repairs or replacement to your insured vehicle resulting from an accident involving other vehicles or stationary objects
- Comprehensive — Pays for damage to your insured vehicle from fire, theft, vandalism and other covered perils
We offer a variety of deductibles starting at $1,000.
Business Automobile Liability and Physical Damage Classes
- Alarm and Alarm System Installation
- Beverage Delivery
- Building Material Haulers
- Cable Installation and Repair
- Carpentry and Flooring
- Carpet Cleaners
- Commercial Building Contractors
- Communication Installation and Repair
- Courier Services
- Driving Schools — Personal and Commercial
- Electrical Contractors
- Fish and Seafood Delivery
- Food Delivery
- Fruit Dealers
- Furniture Delivery — Retail/Residential
- Glass Installers
- HVAC Contractors
- Mobile Equipment
- Painting Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors
- Private Passenger Autos (corporately owned)
- Ready Mix Concrete
- Roofing Contractors
- Sanitation and Debris Removal
- Swimming Pool Cleaners
- Towing — Personal and Commercial
Motor Carrier (Truckers) Liability & Physical Damage
Liability insurance for motor carriers includes bodily injury and property damage coverage, which compensates those injured in an accident involving an insured vehicle, and/or pays for damages to other vehicle(s). And, our physical damage coverage will get your vehicle repaired and back on the road in no time.
- Motor Carrier (Truckers) Liability and Physical Damage Classes
- Local Truckers (50 mile radius)
- Intermediate Truckers (up to 200 mile radius)
- Household Movers — Local or Intermediate
- Mail Delivery
Garage Liability — Service Risks
If you run an auto repair business, towing service, service station or parking garage, no worries...our garage liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage resulting from day-to-day operations. We can accommodate your business' needs with limits up to $1 million CSL in coverage.
Garage Liability — Service Risks Classes
- Auto Detailers
- Auto Repair
- Body and Fender
- Glass Shops
- Muffler and Brake Shops
- Parking Garages
- Service Stations
- Service Stations with Convenience Stores**
- Tire Sales and Repair
- Towing Services
- Transmission Shops
- Truck Repair
Garage Liability — Used Car Dealers
Even at the most safety-conscious used car dealership, accidents can happen. Garage liability insurance provides coverage when your business operation is liable for bodily injury or property damage caused to one of your customers or a third party. Dealer and transporter plate insurance provides liability coverage when transporting used cars from an auction to another location or destination, and when the used car is taken out for a test drive.
Garage Liability — Used Car Dealer Classes
- Used Car Dealers — Retail
- Used Car Dealers — Wholesale
- Dealer and Transporter Plates
Garagekeepers Legal Liability & Dealers Physical Damage**
Garagekeepers legal liability coverage protects a customer's vehicle when you are keeping it at a covered location for parking or storing, or to perform service. Our dealers physical damage coverage provides physical damage protection for the vehicles being held for sale in your inventory.
Garagekeepers Legal Liability & Dealers Physical Damage** Classes
- All Classes shown under Garage Liability — Service Risks (above)
- Used Car Dealers — Retail and Wholesale
- Transporters of Autos
We will also write private passenger automobiles in conjunction with a commercial automobile account.
* Please contact us for a list of available products and coverages by state
** Available through Lawrence Excess in non-admitted market only
When it comes to finding the right commercial auto and garage liability insurance for your business, great coverages are only part of the solution. We have the experience and resources to respond quickly and efficiently when accidents occur, either day or night, and the know-how to help you minimize losses before they happen.
> Learn More
As a Lancer Commercial Auto & Garage policyholder, you'll receive:
- Easy-to-use accident and claim reporting aids
- Emergency procedures visor cards
- Taking photos at an accident scene instruction cards
- SafetyLink Hotline (formerly Lancer Compliance Hotline) a policyholder-exclusive service to help you navigate the maze of trucking-related regulations
- Safety Stop, our blog for valuable information, how-to's, regulatory updates, and more to help you run a safer and more profitable business.
- Complimentary 24/7 online access
to a wealth of safety and loss prevention resources
- Driver training video packages, our critically-acclaimed, professionally-produced training tools to help your drivers be the best they can be
- It's No Accident, our no-nonsense safety and loss prevention reference guide for the owner operator and small fleet manager
- Driver Safety Bulletin, a one-page brief that provides drivers with information on how to handle tough driving situations and other on-the-road safety issues
- Critical Issues, an issue-oriented publication that provides commercial auto businesses with the information needed to run safely and legally
- Featured articles and presentations that highlight issues that impact the commercial auto industry and offer best practices to help you reduce your potential for loss
- And more!
In the event of an accident, you'll have the expertise, resources and support you need right by your side...24/7/365. With decades of practical knowledge in the commercial auto and garage industry, we know how essential it is for you to quickly get back to serving your customers.
And, with our Loss Recovery Program, our claim experts will assist you with recovering out-of-pocket and down-time expenses, including your deductible, when others are at fault for your loss...at absolutely no cost to you.
* Please contact us for a list of available products and coverages by state.