Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question, you may find the answer you're looking for here. If not, please contact us and we'll be happy to answer it for you.
Registration and Login Help
- How do I make a payment using Online Payments?
- What days and hours is the Lancer Online Payment System available?
- How is my information secured?
Bill Payment Help
- What forms of payment are accepted?
- May I make a payment for an amount other than what is shown due?
- How long does it take for a payment to reflect on my account?
- Does Lancer still accept checks and money orders via the U.S. Postal Service?
- If I choose to make an online payment, can I still continue to receive my billing statements in the mail?
- Will I be charged a fee for using Online Payments?
Registration and Login Help
Using Online Payments allows you to pay from anywhere you have internet access, saving you time and the
cost of postage. The Loss Prevention portion of our site provides you with access to a suite of policyholder- exclusive safety videos and loss prevention tools.
Please have your bill or declaration package available to reference when registering.
If you have forgotten your User ID or Password, please return to the Login page and click on the "Forgot your User ID or Password?" link and follow the steps to retrieve your User ID and reset your Password.
Making an Online Payment is quick and easy, yet detailed enough to ensure security:
- Register to obtain your User ID and Password by entering your customer number, policy number and billing zip code. This information is located on your invoice statement. Once you've registered, you can bypass this step when making future payments.
- Login to Online Payments with your User ID and Password.
- If you have accounts with more than one Lancer company, choose the company to which you would like to make a payment on the Company Selection Screen.
- Select the invoice(s) you would like to pay and click the "Ready to Pay" button.
- Confirm the invoice(s) selected for payment and print the itemized list for your records.
- If the entire page does not print, you need to adjust your margins. This can be changed in the "Page Setup" area of your web browser.
- If you need to change the invoice(s) selected, click the "Change Selections" button.
- To sort your invoice(s), click on any column heading when you are in the Invoice Selection Screen or the Invoice Confirmation Screen.
- When you are ready to pay, click the "Pay Now" button.
- Enter your payment method, either bank or credit card, information.
- Confirm your payment information.
- To proceed with the electronic payment process, you must expressly indicate your agreement to all of Lancer's Terms and Conditions as stated on the Lancer website.
- Click on the "Make A Payment" button and receive your confirmation number.
For your convenience, Lancer's Online Payment System is available 24 hours a day/seven days a week, except 1:30 - 2:30 A.M. ET daily for system maintenance.
Lancer is committed to data security. We have appropriate physical, electronic and procedural security safeguards to protect and secure the information that is collected to process your electronic payment.
The electronic payment website uses Secure Sockets Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal credit information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. Because of SSSL, paying an invoice online through our website is just as safe as giving your credit card number over the phone.
Bill Payment Help
If you are a Policyholder, you may pay by eCheck, MasterCard or Visa. If you are a Broker, we will accept eChecks only. You are also welcome to send us a check by mail.
Direct policyholders are allowed only to pay the exact amount due. Should you attempt to make a payment for a different amount, you will receive an error message and will not be able to proceed with the payment process. Brokers do have the ability to pay an amount other than what is shown due.
Please allow up to three business days for a payment to reflect on your Lancer account. Please note that an electronic payment on a Lancer account does not reinstate a cancelled policy or rescind the pending cancellation of an insurance policy. You must contact either your Lancer representative or your insurance broker to verify the status of an insurance policy.
Yes. Policyholders and brokers can continue to send payments in the mail; however, Online Payments offer our customers a convenient way to make payments, save the cost of postage and provide a written payment confirmation.
Yes. Your billing statements will continue to be mailed to your billing address and you will continue to have the option of making your payments either online or via U.S. mail.
No. Lancer values its customers and offers this service for their convenience at no cost.
- Customer Support Help: 800-782-8902 x3307. Telephone support is available Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET.
- Billing (MOPS): 800-782-8902 x3302 or x3608
- Billing (Owner Operator Direct): 800-499-1044
- Billing (All Others): 800-782-8902 x3901